Center for PAS Radio
The Center for PAS has an on-going radio show discussing Personal Assistance Services. Download and listen to the recent radio interviews.
- Recession Squeezes Disabled Workers Out Of Jobs (April 12th, 2011), Charles Lane, NPR. Includes interview with Steve Kaye.
- Lewis Kraus interview (February 10th, 2011), Lewis Kraus, Director of dissemination at the PAS Center talks on the Independence Journal Radio Show about the activities of the Center.
- Passages in Caregiving (June 17th, 2010), Forum, NPR. Gail Sheehy discusses her book which outlines eight distinct stages of caregiving.
- Caring for children with Disabilities (July 29th, 2009), The California Report, NPR. Margaret Simpson talks about providing respite care for children with disabilities and their families.
- Bob Kafka Interview Bob Kafka, ADAPT, discusses the Texas Star Plus program which was started in Houston as a pilot long term care project.
- Bob Newcomer Interview (April 3, 2005), Robert Newcomer, Ph.D., discusses issues for personal assistant workers
- Herb Levine Interview (February 23, 2005), Herb Levine of the San Francisco Independent Living Resource Center discusses local PAS resources
- Julie Reinskin Interview Julie Reinskin, Executive Director of Colorado Cross Disabilities Coalition, discusses In-Home Care, a pilot consumer directed home care program in Colorado
- June Kailes Interview (January 25, 2005), June Kailes discusses emergency preparedness
- Lewis Kraus Interview (December 5, 2004), Lewis Kraus, Center for PAS Director of Training and Dissemination, discusses the new Center, its mission, and its research
- Luis Calderon Interview (January 26, 2005), Luis Calderon of the San Francisco Public Authority discusses Public Authorities and PAS
- Mike Collins Interview (February 20, 2005), Mike Collins, Director of the California Statewide Independent Living Council, discusses Independent Living Centers and PAS